Saturday, December 29, 2007

Getting side tracked with a new project.

So my husband and I went to Seattle for Christmas and in the airport on the returning trip home, I saw this really cute fringy, cuddly, warm blankets everywhere. All kinds of people had them. I saw this one young black woman with a white and polka dot pattern one with light blue backing and then two children with them in different shades. I finally asked the mother of the children where it came from since there were several in the airport. She said her mother made them and that they were called "No-Sew Blankets".

So as soon as I got home, I looked them up and sure enough I found a great blog entry about how to make one.

I went to Jo Ann Fabrics to find some fleece and found some amazing dark blue and white material that had apparently just come in that day. The clerks were all excited about it and were telling me what a great blanket they would make together:





Anyway, so I bought some new scissors and a few rulers of various lengths and tried to get to work. The hard part was that the fabric was so long that it was bigger than the table. So I cut off the rements and then had a hard time lining the two pieces together. (I got 2 1/2 yards of each). So eventually, I had to work on the empty guest bedroom floor.

I cut off 6 inch squares at each end. And start to make the one inch cuts around the entire thing.





That's as far as I've gotten really in two days of casually working on it. I'll keep updating. However, all I really have to do is to cut the rest of the strips and then tie them into knots so after that it'll be done. I think it'll be really cute.









No comments: