So last night I made a HA HA Bunny:
I actually used the book's pattern. I traced it with blue chalk and then cut out all the pieces.I bought this great tool at Jo Ann's Fabrics. It helps you to turn the little ears, tail, legs etc. inside out after you've sewn them together.
Again, since I'm handstitching, it's a daunting task ahead when you know you have all that sewing to do. I considered buying this really cheap handheld sewer, but the lady at the store swore that it wouldn't work for what I was trying to do. She kept telling me that I had to buy a sewing machine.
I just don't think I would use the sewing machine enough to warrant purchasing one, but you never know. We'll see how it goes. Cheap ones run around $115.
I think working with felt makes it hard to keep the right shape. This bunny looks a little funky. And sewing up the last bit of seam after stuffing keeps being hard. (I know bad grammar). But it is - it never looks right.
Anyway - here's the finished product: